universal printer 10.10 update margin issues

Get help with troubleshooting issues
fakebrains

universal printer 10.10 update margin issues

Post by fakebrains » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:26 pm

After upgrading to the new version of TSPlus v10.10.3.28 it seems there may be a problem with printing to the universal printer and margins cutting off on the left hand side. I see there is a 10.10.3.29 update. Does this address this issue ?

From what I can tell is that Landscape mode is cutting off on the left hand side.
Seems there is a 1 inch margin on the Left, cutting off text.
Our reports use a .25 margin and did not have this problem on the 9.9 version.
We upgraded last night to fix a few other issues and started to notice issues when printing reports.

Also when trying to pull up the image we sometimes get a black screen with an error : Failed to load pdf document.
You can hit reload several times and sometimes you will be able to get the pdf. Not sure but this is also a new feature.

I am thinking about installing the universal printer patch from your downloads section to see if that may help
any advise ?

Thank you,
Fake Brains Software

fakebrains

Re: universal printer 10.10 update margin issues

Post by fakebrains » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:48 pm

It looks like margins have also changed on the right hand side.
Both left and right margins should be set to .25 inches.
Left margin seems to be set at 1 inch. Right margin .5

Petran

Post by Petran » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:43 pm

Hi Fakebrains, I also have same issue with Margins and cannot/unwilling make changes to hardcode of form layout now. Do you know if this is permanent? Or will a fix be presented?

fakebrains

Post by fakebrains » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:14 pm

I have opened a ticket on this as well and TSPlus said they are working on the issue. Hopefully will be resolved soon.

Crossing my fingers

fakebrains

Post by fakebrains » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:46 pm

Here is the response I received from TSPlus. I will be implementing tonight.

The new TSplus 10.10 release is changing the Unviersal Printer driver to provide better printing performances.

However some issues has been detected and these settings will be fixed by the next update (10.20).

For the short term, if you have a printing problem with the release 10.10 the solution is to follow step by step the following process on the server side:

1) With the Control Panel, remove the Universal Printer
It is mandatory to do it before the step 2

2) Dowload http://dl-files.com/9.90/Setup-UniversalPrinter.exe
Run it. Wait until the process is fully completed.
Verify with the Floating Panel that the Universal Printer has been properly created.

3) Dowload http://dl-files.com/9.90/ClientGenerator.bin
Replace the existing one in the following folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\TSplus\Clients\WindowsClient
This will enable to generate TSplus connection client using Sumatra as
local PDF driver.

4) Dowload http://dl-files.com/9.90/Setup-RemoteAppClient.exe
Replace the existing one in the following folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\TSplus\Clients\www\RemoteAppClient
This will enable the Web RemoteApp client to use Sumatra to print the document on the user side

Kind regards